- When it comes to seal coating your asphalt, you’ll want to be sure to book the services of a qualified and experienced contractor.
- Seal coating is important for maintaining pavement, but the climate and amount of traffic in an area will affect how often it needs to be done.
- Older homes are more likely to have cracks that need to be sealed more frequently.
- The type of asphalt can also affect how often seal coating services are needed.
- Driveways see more traffic than sidewalks and need to be sealed more often.
- Doing so will help improve the lifespan of your pavement and keep it looking ideal for years to come.
When it comes time to seal coat your asphalt, you’ll want to be sure to book the services of a qualified and experienced contractor. By ensuring that your contractor uses quality materials and applies the sealant correctly, you can protect your asphalt from weathering and common wear and tear. Doing so will help improve the lifespan of your pavement and keep it looking perfect for years to come. So, what should you consider when booking asphalt seal coating services? Read on for answers!
Asphalt Seal coating Services: 6 Important Factors to Consider
1. The Climate In Your Area – If It’s Hot And Humid, The Sealant Will Wear Off Faster
Asphalt seal coating is an important part of maintaining your pavement. Still, it’s important to keep the climate in mind when you’re booking your services. If you live in an area with hot, humid summers, the sealant will wear off more quickly, and you’ll need to schedule more frequent appointments.
Conversely, the sealant will last longer if you live in a colder climate, but you may need to wait until spring or summer to have the work done. Similarly, if bad weather is on the horizon, rescheduling your seal coating is best rather than risking having the sealant wash away before it has a chance to dry.
By taking the time to understand the local climate and plan accordingly, you can be sure that your asphalt seal coating services will be effective and long-lasting.
2. The Amount Of Traffic On Your Street – A High Volume Of Cars Means More Wear And Tear On The Asphalt
Traffic is one of the most important factors to consider when booking your asphalt seal coating services. More traffic means more wear and tear, which can shorten the lifespan of the sealant. If you live on a busy street, it’s best to schedule your services when traffic is the lightest. This will help ensure the sealant has time to dry and cure properly.
3. Your Home’s Age – An Older Home May Need More Frequent Seal coating to Prevent Cracks from Forming
The age of your home is also an important factor to consider. Older homes are more likely to have cracks in the asphalt, allowing water and moisture to seep in. This can lead to premature deterioration of the sealant. If you live in an older home, scheduling your services more frequently is best to prevent this from happening.
4. The Type Of Asphalt You Have – Some Types Are More Prone To Cracking Than Others
The type of asphalt you have will also affect how often you need to seal it. Some types are more prone to cracking than others, so they may need to be sealed more often. If you need help determining what type of asphalt you have, your contractor can help you determine this.
5. Whether Or Not You Have A Driveway – Driveways See More Traffic Than Sidewalks, So They Need To Be Sealed More Often
If you have a driveway, you’ll need to seal it more often than if you have a sidewalk. This is because driveways see more traffic than sidewalks, making them more likely to suffer from wear and tear.
6. How Often You Use Your Driveway/Sidewalk?
If it’s only used for parking during special occasions, it will only need to be sealed as often as someone who uses it daily. How often you use your driveway or sidewalk can also affect how often you need to seal it.
Benefits of Professional Seal coating Services
1. Prevents Damage from Water and Moisture
One of the primary benefits of professional seal coating services is that it helps to prevent damage from water and moisture. Water can cause several problems for asphalt, including cracking, potholes, and erosion. Seal coating provides a barrier that helps to protect the asphalt from water damage.
2. Helps to Prevent Oxidation
Another benefit of professional seal coating services is that it helps to prevent oxidation. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that occurs when the asphalt is exposed to oxygen and sunlight. This reaction causes the asphalt to become hard and brittle, leading to cracks and other damage. Seal coating helps prevent oxidation by providing a barrier between the asphalt, oxygen, and sunlight.
3. Helps to Prevent UV Damage
Professional seal coating services also help to prevent UV damage. UV rays can cause the asphalt to fade and become brittle. Seal coating provides a barrier that helps to protect the asphalt from UV rays.
4. Increases Longevity
Seal coating also helps to increase the longevity of asphalt. Asphalt that is properly sealed can last for up to 20 years. Unsealed asphalt, on the other hand, will only last for 5-10 years. By seal coating your asphalt, you can help to extend its lifespan significantly.
5. Enhances Curb Appeal
In addition to all of the above benefits, professional seal coating services also enhance curb appeal. A well-sealed driveway or parking lot will be smooth and free of cracks and other imperfections. This will give your property a neat and polished look that will impress your guests or customers.
Do you think your asphalt is starting to look worse for wear? Don’t worry – we can help!
Our experienced professionals will take care of everything for you – from removing old coatings if necessary to preparing the surface and applying the sealant. You can rest assured that your driveway will look amazing once we’re finished with it.